Here’s a different type of post today. My cheerleading-reading-diva-in-making Sista Friend, Debi, tagged me in her survey. Thanks, girl! I glanced at the questions, and took the plunge. There is a link up happening as well, so why not join in the fun?
state province do you currently reside?
2. What colour is your natural hair?
Black. I’ve never dyed my hair.
3. How tall are you?
4. What is your favourite food?
I’m a sucker for most things mint chocolate.
5. What colour shirt are you wearing right now?
6. What are three cosmetic items that you wear every single day?
Deodorant, lip balm, contact lenses (yes, I had to stretch hard for three…)
7. What is your denomination?
Seventh-day Adventist Christian
8. Describe your testimony?
I was raised in a Christian home and always encouraged to get to know Jesus for myself. Watching the lives of my peers helped me turn to the Word for answers on how best to live. I chose Jesus & was baptized at age 16.
9. How did you meet your husband?
At church. We were both born into the same church, though years apart. We never hung out in the same circles. Fast forward to November 2000. He finally got himself on MSN Messenger and we started randomly chatting online. Eventually the convos got deeper and months later we transferred to phone conversations. Soon after that, we began dating.
10. What is your favourite beverage?
Water. Also the non-alcoholic strawberry daquiri at the Fairmont Southampton Resort in Bermuda. Not all daquiris are created equal, sadly.
11. How many kids do you have?
Three precious girls. JT (6 yrs), JD (4 yrs) & RJ (2 yrs)
12. Have you ever experienced an earthquake?
Yes, while visiting California in June 2008.
13. What is your favourite TV show?
I have a few: The Cosby Show. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Criminal Minds. Many shows on the Food Network.
14. What was the last movie you saw?
The Makeover. (The Hallmark Hall of Fame flick last weekend. I like sappy movies.)
15. Who is your favourite Bible character?
I love the gutsy characters: Jael, Esther, Rahab, John the Baptist, Paul.
16. What colour are your eyes?
17. Are you a working mother, stay at home wife, or stay at home mom?
Stay at home mom, with a couple of ‘working’ projects in progress.
18. Do you homeschool?
Yes, we do.
19. Did/do you attend university? If so, where?
I earned a scholarship to the University of Winnipeg eons ago. I graduated from Herzing College, locally.
20. If you could change one things in your life, what would it be?
Only one?! It’s a toss-up between a body that bounces back after pregnancy or being debt-free… Debt-free, for the win.
21. Who is your favourite Christian singer or band?
Kirk Franklin, Fred Hammond, Donnie McClurkin
22. What is your absolute favourite colour?
23. Think about something from the ocean and write it down: (yes, random…I know)
The view outside my hotel room on my honeymoon
24. Where is your favourite place to dine out?
I have forgotten what this concept means… Montana’s Restaurant, I guess?
25. Did you attend church camp?
A couple times. Usually for the week of general family camp, and not during the weeks of my age group.
26. Name a blog friend who’s name starts with the same letter as your name:I searched high & low for an “S” name. Expanded to a surname and came up with Jen S. at After The Chapel
27. Do you have a Facebook account for your blog?
Sorta? I started to create a page last year, but it has yet to go public. I’m working on my fears.
28. Do you have a Twitter account for your blog?
Specifically for the blog–no. But I am on Twitter. @sabrinaj98
29. Name someone you miss right now:
My Hubby. It’s one of those odd seasons where time together is sparse. We should plan a date night.
30. What is your happiest childhood memory?I have tons of happy memories–praise God! Here’s one:When I was about 9/10 yrs old, I received a letter stating that I had scored the highest mark in Manitoba in my grade 3 piano exam. I was also awarded a medal. My Granny was over and she uber-excited for me! She gave me a massive hug and also wanted to give me a little money. I was expecting only a dollar or two. She gave me a ten dollar bill! That was big money for me back then, in 1990.
31. Name one thing you can cook better than your husband’s mother: (if you’re not married, then your own mother.)Everything. I never had the chance to know my husband’s mother. She died when he was a teenager (and I was 6 yrs old, so I have no memories of her at all).
32. Would you consider yourself stubborn?Yes, I have my moments
33. Do you feel like you are a good writer?Actually, yes
34. Do you pin? If so, list your Pinterest screen name.Nope.
35. How many hours do you spend on Pinterest per day?zero
36. Do you use WordPress, Blogger, Drupal, Typepad? (or another?)Blogger at the moment. When start self-hosting my blog, I will most likely transition to something else.
37. Where do you stand on wearing socks with sandals? What do you mean stand?! There are no sides here. No socks with sandals in public!
38. Did you design your own blog, or hire a graphic designer?The current design is mine-ish. I picked a free template online and installed it myself. I also added in a few elements on my own, using tutorials when necessary. I would love to have a designer in the future…
39. What is your favourite widget/gadget?Does disqus count as a widget? I don’t really have any extras on this blog. I plan to go big when I’m self-hosted!
40. If you had to choose only one, would you have a clean bathroom or a clean kitchen?Ummm, clean kitchen. Don’t need vermin or unsanitaryness happening in my place of eating & communing with my family.
41. Where did you honeymoon?On the friendly island of Bermuda
42. Did you elope? Nope! We both come from huge families, who would’ve disowned us had we snuck off. Besides, we were so giddily happy that we wanted everyone there. I loved my wedding day
43. Do you have a favourite sports team?No. I enjoy sports; Olympics are my all-time-stands-still epic event. But I don’t align myself as a fanatic of any particular team or sport.
44. What is your favourite praise & worship song?How Great is Our God…. at least for the moment 😉
45. Were you raised in church?
Yes. Praise God!
46. When did you start blogging?
In 2006, when I was pregnant with my first daughter. The domain name has stayed the same, but there have been many renovations to the look, feel, quality of writing & content.
47. What are your favourite blogs?
I don’t have a set list that I read daily. I’ll read whatever articles are recommended by my Facebook people. On Fridays, I do link up with Lisa-Jo. I read Allume most days too.
48. Have you ever lived in another country?
No, not yet.
49. Have you done missions? If so, where & when?
Yes. While I haven’t done any foreign missions trips, I help out those around me. Sometimes your mission field is right in your backyard 😉
50. What version of the Bible do you prefer?
New Living Translation
51. What’s the story behind your blog name?
And Then Some– As my content started changing from baby musings to a bit more, I wanted a blog name to reflect that too. So, I considered what I blog about–life lessons & faith–and the fact that I try to bring a new perspective to the table. ‘And Then Some‘ jumped out and seems to have stayed for a wee bit.
(I am open to suggestions for a new name though…)
52. Describe the ultimate hands down best date on a $20 budget.
A snack and stroll with the Hunny. For me, it’s not about spending loads of money, but enjoying the moments you have together.
53. Will you tell one blogger about this survey? If so, then who? (optional: include their web address)
I will tell those in my Mastermind Family.
54. What is your favourite scripture?
Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him!
I can do my best to tell you all about God and His awesomeness and His greatness. But all you’ll have is my experience as you live vicariously through me. It’s not the same! God is so much more real when you try Him for yourself. A total body experience. And the joy you’ll have when you taste & see? Indescribable, really!
I’m linking up with Priscilla today. If you hurry, you can still get in on a fun contest.